– Pay your credit cards off. Nothing drains your finances more than high interest credit card debt. Consider getting rid of your cell phone, cable/satellite for a few months to pay off your cards.
– Improve your credit rating. Pay your bills on time and your credit score will go up. Next time you need credit, you’ll get a lower interest rate.
– Buy it used. Buy used books and used movies. You can find these on ebay or amazon for just a couple of dollars, there’s no point in buying these items new.
– Quit drinking beer and smoking. Not only are these things highly unhealthy, but they’re expensive (heavily taxed) and are addictive as well.
– Downgrade your TV options. See if your carrier offers cheaper plans with less channels.
– Don’t drive too often. Discover your community. Find a local park or a local grocery store to cut the fuel costs.